Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A new beginning

I'm taking a bit of a risk here. You've probably noticed - assuming you've even checked this blog in the last six months - that I don't update the Frugal Gourmand very much. There are a number of reasons for that, none really worth delving into. However, I've come to think that a little rebranding may perhaps be in order. I have no idea whether this idea is going to work at all - it may be unworkable, or tedious, or unworkably tedious. But I think it's worth a shot.

The proposal is this: I eat out a lot. Mostly at lunch, at work. You'd think this would be a gold mine for this blog, but it really hasn't been. Well, that's all about to change, if this works.

As some of you may know, I've been having issues lately with heartburn. One thing I need to do is lose weight, but another thing that's helpful is eating smaller meals/portions. As you may also know, I do have a history of eating a lot, and while I can't eat like I used to, I still have a habit of cramming down more than is necessary at a lot of meals, and eating at odd hours, which doesn't help things. So I'm making an effort to eat smaller meals and just do so a couple more times a day - say, food at 9, 12, 3 and 7 or something like that. The 12 and 3 in particular are times where I might have cause to wander to one of the many establishments around here for one or both of those "meal"-times.

So is this going somewhere? Yes. I'm going to be doing (relatively) quick takes of my daily eating experiences in this space, when I purchase food from a dining establishment. I'll be trying some new things, re-experiencing some old things, and surely repeating myself sometimes, though I won't have much to add in times like that. I figure this will also act as a check of sorts - there are definitely people reading this who will give me crap for eating too much garbage, so it sort of behooves me to try and keep on a somewhat healthier track. At any rate, I think this could be interesting, and I believe it was Rudnik who once commented on the main blog that it was "fun" to have me describe new dining experiences. That's probably a little strong for this experiment, but hey, you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home